Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Senior Wii Games


On several of the days I worked, I played games on the Wii with the seniors. They loved playing these games. They thought it was so funny that they could control the person on the screen. It was very difficult to teach them how to do it the first time. No matter how many times I would tell them not to push any buttons, they always would. One of the women there would make me laugh so hard. When you miss the ball when you are playing baseball on the Wii, it makes a weird sort of buzzing noise. Every time it did this, the woman thought she had farted. I thought I would die laughing at her reactions every time. She would always giggle to herself, and then say excuse me. I told her time and time again that it was the machine making the noise, but she always insisted that it was her. I don't think I went a single day working at the center where I wasn't able to find something to laugh at. They taught me that it is never too late to teach an old dog a new trick. I encouraged them all to go home and ask their grandchildren to play the Wii with them. I thought it would be priceless to see the look on their grandchildrens' faces when they found out that their 80 year old grandparent knew how to play games on the Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment