Tuesday, June 12, 2012

John, John the Piper's Son

My favorite senior that I was able to work with was a man named John. He would make me laugh every day. He was usually one of the first people there in the morning, and each day when he would walk though the door he would yell, "Hey, butt-head is here!" I would laugh my head off every time he said that. I think he would do it more and more, because he knew it would get a reaction out of me. He would tease all the employees who worked at the center, and the other clients as well. He has one of the best senses of humor. He would always look up at me and make a silly face when no one else was looking. Whenever we were doing art projects he would make sure to let us know that he had done it in Kindergarten. He was a good reminder that we can have fun and love life at any age. He would also always say he was "John, John the piper's son." I never knew what he was talking about until I looked it up, and found out it was an old riddle from Mother Goose. I also found out that the riddle actually goes "Tom, Tom the piper's son."

No comments:

Post a Comment